Best Food For Your Eyes
Are carrots really good for our eyes? + =
Luckily, this is not just a myth our parents told us to make us eat those orange veggies! It is absolutely TRUE!
Carrots provide beta carotene, a form of Vitamin A, important to protect against night blindness and dry eye.
But…carrots are the top of the iceberg when it comes to maintaining good vision.
There are over 20 nutrients our eyes need to stay healthy ranging from:
– macular carotenoids- lutein, zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin
– antioxidants like Vitamins A,C, and E
– vitamin D, a “hormone” vitamin
– omega -3 fatty acids (DHA, EPA, ALA)
– minerals such as magnesium, selenium, iron, zinc, and copper
– antioxidants like glutathione, alpha lipoid acid, NAC, and astaxanthin
– bioflavonoids like quercetin and apigenin
The best way to get these nutrients is naturally, from foods. These are just a few of the foods richest in the eye-healthy nutrients to fight against diseases like macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eye, and glaucoma.
Remember the saying- FOOD IS MEDICINE… for our eyes and our bodies!
Stay tuned for more info and eye nutrient tips…